Saturday, June 25, 2011

10 down, 20 to go. (Kauffman Stadium-Kansas City)




Welcome to Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. I really enjoyed my visit here. Before the game I went to the Royals Hall of Fame at the stadium, which was a really cool (but admittedly short) experience. They had a nice tribute to Paul Splittorff and Memorial Day festivities at the park. The Royals Hall of Fame blended in nicely with my previous day's visit to the Negro Leagues Museum in KC, which I definitely recommend to anyone in town.

So the city, its museums, and its stadiums are all recommended. I can't speak for the stadium food, I didn't have any (a shocker, I know). However that turned out to be a good decision from the saving money standpoint considering I got a speeding ticket in Kansas. So just as a tip, any baseball lovers, keep the speedometer on the dial while in Kansas.

Happy traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment