Saturday, June 1, 2013

17 down, 13 to go. (U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago)

Why hello again! We're back for another fun filled year of travelling and seeing all the parks I can in this beautiful country of ours. Recently I went to U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago. I didn't make it to Wrigley Field, so that will be a post for another time.

As for U.S. Cellular, it definitely matches the neighborhood it's in. Gritty, nothing fancy, but awesome and utilitarian in its own way. The giant "Fundamentals" sign gives away the philosophy too. Nothing fancy. There is also a sign on the ramp on the way in that states boldly "Grinder Ball Rule No. 1: Win. Or Die Trying."

There are also a lot of statues and a couple of homages to Comiskey Park as a tribute to the White Sox long history.

As for the food, we can't let an entry pass by without that; well I had an Italian beef sandwich, I can see how people might like it, but definitely not for me.

Definitely had a nice experience here on the Southside.






No comments:

Post a Comment