Monday, September 15, 2014

21 down, 9 to go. (Citi Field)

Continuing on my northeast baseball trip of epicness, I made the quick 4 hour jaunt from Cooperstown to NYC. The first thing I did when I got into town after a long, exhausting drive? Grabbed a slice, of course.

 

I took the 7 train from Midtown all the way to Flushing, it's a nice ride (relatively) and deposits you right at the stadium gates, pretty much. Inside, there is a rotunda reminiscent of Ebbets Field. I made my way up to the cheap seats and had a burger and shake from Shake Shack, which was ok but not world changing. It was a cool, misty game, since we had just dodged some Tropical Storm or another. It was also July 4th, so there were awesome fireworks after the game. Oh right, that stupid apple is out there too. (Little of the Marlins fan in me coming out there.)

I definitely recommend the ballpark if you're in town. This is more of a functional ballpark (still nice) as opposed to the billion dollar palace that is Yankee Stadium, but the game is just the same. 











No comments:

Post a Comment